Idea inspired by youth and Melody Boone - Human Scale Kaleidoscope!

So a friend of mine in Grad School, Melody Boone, made a really cool sculptural video piece using a kaleidoscope effect - when I was younger, in my mom's old apartment, we had a hallway of mirrors coating our closet doors. By opening the doors, most of them at about a 45 degree angle, you could create a room full of "you" it was something that definitely coaxed my vanity but could be an awesome sculptural interpretation of a human scale kaleidoscope. The viewer is in the middle of it - it's cool. I took the hallway for granted cause I lived with it, but it's very cool. Dan Graham would be into it. You could even, if you got SUPER fancy, put motors on the track somehow to make a more literal kaleidoscope physical object that's fun to be inside of... I hope Melody is into this.

No comments: