I think I get what Branca meant now

So the first time someone told me that Branca said he learned music theory by keeping his ear to a speaker I laughed but I get it now. I was such a literal minded weener as a kid but I can figure out a ton of shit these days and can write the riffs I want to hear - just from listening to enough music. I know, I'm not special many a realer punk have done this before and way better, and I still can't play guitar for shit, I hate fucking practicing and my finger dexterity sucks. Still, finally internalizing what Branca meant, makes me suddenly want to be more cautious about retaining my hearing. I barely passed music theory I - the greatest pleasure in life would be gone if I lost my hearing. I would choose female circumcision over deafness for sure.

No comments: