Heavy Metal Garden - a reality!


So - I made a present for someone close to my heart called "heavy metal garden." We'd been in Lowe's looking for things to install my thesis show and came upon these appromimately 2"X3" slats with intense razor sharp daggers protruding a few centimeters off the base. I don't remember how the idea came about but, through riffing, the idea of making an entire room, with this as the grass/sod came about. I decided to make a gift/mock-up for him - it was a rose stickered interior of a shoe box with these slats pasted inside like a renaissance courtyard garden (like the one in Blithewood at Bard college). This rose coming out of the metal/mesh facade of the new museum makes me think - we are plugged into the zeitgeist man, and this version is way cooler and MORE "Heavy Metal Garden"! sweet.

No comments: