not sure what to make of this...

article...

So I read the above article and it made me think a bit...

I think what it boils down to is that there are people with great ideas who want to go to a place where those ideas are nurtured... The piece that the article isn't explicating is the fact that attractive, popular, and powerful people reside in these "hot spots" and unless your ideas are SO amazing, with enough of that magnetic muscle underneath, with an ego the size of texas, it is easy to get swept up in a zeitgeist rather than hold to your guns... That's how scenes disintegrate kinda... the kids with the good ideas might not get the most shows cause they aren't the most attractive but the ones who can pull the numbers might not be as talented and so what was once a brilliant idea becomes insipid... Maybe these are just the musings of an uncool kid with issues, but I think there is something to what I am saying...

No comments: